Give us a call today:613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
You might have heard of the process of drain relining before. When do we need drain relining? When our current drain is just not able to handle the waste that flows from our home. Remember that our drain is not going to be perfect forever, sometimes you might need to replace the drain in your home. When that happens, it is nice to know that there is a way to quickly get your drain lined.
Explaining the process
You might think that there is a problem with the drainage in your Ottawa home or you just had a professional plumber perform regular maintenance on your plumbing. This can be an important step, because preventative maintenance is able to reduce the number of issues that you have later on.
Once a qualified plumbing professional identifies that there is a problem, you can now reline the damaged area. Relining means that you are not going to have to pay for a costly and messy excavation but rather can have a completely new lining within the drain. These are the steps that go into relining:
The first thing that happens is that you have high-pressure water clean out any tree roots, silt, debris and other gunk. You want to make sure that the new pipe can be placed. By using a camera, professionals are able to determine where the new drain will be placed and cured.
- The second step is ensuring that you have a quality placement of the liner. There are different types of liner that are flexible and able to maneuver quickly. There is a reinforced plastic outer coating with an inner felt layer.
- The resin is poured in, and inflated to take on the shape of the existing pipe. Now it is time to let the liner cure in place.
There are so many benefits to the process of drain relining that it almost does not make sense to use anything else if relining is an option. Just look at the difference that it can make:
You experience increased flow rates
- It can help prevent tree root infestation
- You can use it on all sorts of pipe materials
- There are no potential weak spots– it is a continuous section
- You experience minimum disruption and down time
- You do not worry about a costly excavation
If you want to get the most out of your replacement or repair process, we highly recommend that you use drain relining used by the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing in Ottawa. This is going to ensure that you not only get high-quality equipment, but a professional result each time.