What Does the Term “Rough In” Mean?
“Rough In” is construction terminology for a specific phase of a home building or renovation project. At this point, holes have been made, studs have been fitted, plumbing framework is assembled, but fixtures haven’t been installed.
Roughing in drains for installation of future plumbing fixtures
You may be asking why roughing in is important. All plumbing feature have to be placed certain distances apart in order for a building to be up to code. Ignoring building codes means that you have a very expensive problem to fix later on. You may incur fines, and forced to correct the plumbing by the City of Ottawa at your own expense. Depending on how many modifications you’ll need to make, it may be more than the initial cost of the renovations.
Roughing in allows us to ensure we have laid out our framework correctly. It verifies that we have enough room to meet building codes, and have a plumbing feature be functioning properly. We can use it to confirm that pipes and drains are located where they’re supposed to be. When we get roughing in right the first time, we eliminate the need for time and money to redo it later.
Roughing in and DIY
It’s best if you have a licensed plumbing team, like Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services, assist you with your roughing
Our 20+ years of experience working with local plumbing and venting codes will be an asset for you project. We can help design a roughing in which meets all necessary requirements. yours and the City of Ottawa’s.
What Can You Expect When You Choose Us For Your Installation
Our certified experts will work with you to ensure that your plumbing issue is resolved quickly and professionally. We provide you with
- 20+ years of experience to guide you as to the most efficient solution
- Fair and honest pricing up front
- Free, no-obligation estimate
- A team of plumbing professionals who are bonded and insured. All of our experts have trade licenses verified and certifications up-to-date
- Support when obtaining the required permits and permission
- Cross-functional communication to ensure that you, our professional plumbers, and all your other contractors coordinate to work efficiently
- State-of-the-art equipment
- Sample to ensure that you’re getting what you want
- Verification to make sure your work is correct and accurate
- Recommendations for proper maintenance, and warranties for the job.
- A neat living space with minimal disruptions while the project is ongoing
- A clean and restored property upon completion of the project.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also
Our strengths do not only lie in plumbing. We can also help navigating the insurance companies and bureaucratic red tape. You will receive all the necessary permits for our jobs. We will guide you through the City of Ottawa rebates for which you qualify. Our customers love us, and our work is the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, and then give us a call. We’ll set up your free, no-obligation quote for roughing in.