What is Burst Pipe Technology?
This is a method of trenchless plumbing, where clients may not want to excavate their property to replace damaged pipes. The bursting head (a large, cone-shaped device) is forced through the damage pipes underground. This destroys up the old pipe while simultaneously lays new pipe made from high-density polyethylene (HDPE). This method is preferred because it provides a seamless replacement from the inside.
The Pipe Bursting Process
Bursting the pipe and laying the replacement uses the following steps.
- Two holes are dug just outside of both ends of the damaged section of the pipe
- A high-resolution camera is used to perform an inspection of the pipe to determine the cause and the most appropriate solution
- The steel cable that guides the bursting head through the pipe is inserted into the damaged pipe
- The bursting head connected to HDPE is pulled through the pipe using the steel cable
- As the old pipe breaks, new HDPE is laid to replace it. Old pipe is forced into the soil
- The new HDPE pipe is connected to the sewer system.
Pipe Bursting Benefits
There are several advantages to pipe bursting in trenchless plumbing repair.
- The cost, mess, and time loss with excavation are avoided.
- The ability to move around and use your property is minimally diminished.
- Repairs follow the current utility layout, so there is a lower risk of failure.
- Potentially better fluid flow than the previous pipe originally had, if HDPE pipe is larger than the initial pipe.
- HDPE pipe is less likely to corrode.
Why is it a cost-effective trenchless pipe replacement service?
Pipe bursting is both a reliable and effective pipe replacement, under the right conditions. Depending on soil conditions, you may end up with a pipe that is up to 150% larger in diameter than the initial pipe.
Pipe bursting may not be suitable for every situation, like densely populated urban areas, due to the risk of cave-ins. Where it is an appropriate choice, it is usually the most cost-effective choice. This is due to the speed of installation, long-term reliability, and contained nature of the installation.
What Can You Expect Choosing Us for the Repairs?
When you call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services , we will give you our best service. We offer our customers
- A fair and honest quote up front
- A thorough video assessment of your drain system
- Products and installations that are efficiently designed to reduce maintenance and other risk
- A team of bonded and insured professional tradesmen, with all of our licenses and certifications up to date
- Clean and restored workspaces so that you and your family can resume living in your home.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services ?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also offers respect for your home and your time as our standard. This means from the time you call us, we are committed to making your entire experience as customer efficient as possible. We coordinate times that work with your schedule and call when we’re on our way. Our plumbers keep our areas neat and covered while working. In our projects, we use the most appropriate solutions to work quickly and professionally.
Our strengths do not only lie in plumbing. We can also help navigate the insurance companies and bureaucratic red tape. You will receive all the necessary permits for our jobs. We will guide you through the City of Ottawa rebates for which you qualify. Our customers love us, and our work is of the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, and then give us a call. We’ll set up your free, no-obligation inspection for trenchless plumbing services in Ottawa.
Underground Trenchless Sewer Repair & Drain Repair Cost– (Trenchless Pipe Relining Or Pipe Burst) – We Guaranty Best Prices in Ottawa on Trenchless Drain Repair Services. Call for an Estimate!