We all know that toilets are necessary, but ignoring toilet maintenance, including minor repairs, only results in a bigger problem.
Toilets can take abuse, but eventually, they all need replacing. So when you need toilet installation in Ottawa, don’t panic! Instead, call an experienced professional to install it right for you the first time.
When Do You Need a New Toilet?
A leaky toilet may need replacing, but that doesn’t mean you should delay if you’re unsure about the state of your toilet.
A faulty toilet is one thing—the real problems happen when a flooding toilet or backed-up sewer causes expensive water damage. Watch out for these signs so you can eliminate a toilet disaster.
Sign #1: Your toilet is old
It’s not like you can check for the manufacturer’s date on a toilet, but if your house or property was built in the 1960s or earlier, it’s probably time to replace it.
Older toilets are prone to cracks and damage, and they also use much more water to flush out the bowl than a modern toilet. New toilets are built tough and efficient, and they’re less expensive to run because they use less water.
Sign #2: Your toilet isn’t anchored properly
Does your toilet wobble? That’s not a good sign! Whether it’s an age-related issue, improper installation, or either a damaged wax ring or subfloor, please call a plumber immediately when you start feeling your toilet moving under you.
Sign #3: There are cracks on your toilet
See a crack on your toilet? Call a plumber immediately to repair or replace your toilet.
Even if it’s a small crack, it can cause significant damage because cracked toilets can’t function properly and often leak badly enough to cause water damage.
Toilet Installation Costs
The cost of installing a toilet depends on what kind of toilet bowl you choose and how well your existing plumbing functions.
Toilet Bowl Prices
The price range on a new toilet is between $125 to $6,5000, depending on brand and style.
New Toilet Installation
When the existing plumbing functions well, a basic installation is around $300.
The cost to install can go as high as $800 if the plumbing system isn’t functioning right or an urgent repair is required. So what’s the takeaway?
Toilet installation in Ottawa should never be considered a DIY project. Instead, call in a professional to get the job done right!
Toilet Installation Costs from Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing in Ottawa
- Cost for Installing 2 Pc Toilet – 220$
- Cost for Installing 1 Pc toilet – 270$
- Cost for Installing Skirted Toilets – 380$
- Cost for Toilet tank repairing (A/S or any toilet tanks with universal parts)- 230$ including a full kit of flapper, fill valve and braided water supply
- Cost for Replace braided water supply only- 180$
- Cost for Separate Bidet installation – 750$
- Cost for Speyer Bidet installation – 295$ (special conditions apply)
- Cost for Seat Bidet installation– 450$ up to 1200$ electrical connections are not included.
- Cost for Installing 2 Pc Toilet in Condo- 250$
- Cost for Installing 1 Pc toilet in Condo- 300$
- Cost for Installing Skirted Toilets in Condos– 450$
- Cost for Toilet tank repairing (A/S or any toilet tanks with universal parts)- 250$ including a full kit of flapper, fill valve and braided water supply
- Cost for Replacing braided water supply only – 200$
- Cost for Separate bidet installation- 850$
(For floor mounted and electric toilets price please call us to get a free quote!)