What is the Water Main?
This is a 6-inch diameter pipeline that provides the city water supply to your home. It doesn’t connect to your property directly; instead, a smaller pipe called a gooseneck connects your house to the main. The water main remains underground along the street, or down an alleyway. Water mains are owned by the city or a utility company. Homeowners wishing to connect to the water main must get permission from the authorities to do so legally.
New Water Mains/Servicing the Water Main
To start a new connection to the main, or modify an existing one, you need a permit from the city. This is the same if you are making modifications to the existing water main. Navigating the city’s process and paperwork can be confusingly overwhelming, especially for first-time applicants. Homeowners must strictly adhere to rules and stipulations listed by the city.
It makes sense to call us at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. Our 20+ years of experience means we’re well versed in finding our way through Ottawa’s plumbing permit procedures. As we develop a plan for servicing your water main, we will assist with obtaining the required permits and permissions for the project.
Applications for Municipal Service
The City of Ottawa provides this website as guidance on building and renovation permits. We can assist you with understanding which permits you need, and what requirements you need to fulfill. Before any work can be done, we need to ensure all permits and permissions have been approved and received.
When you bring us on board to your water main project in Ottawa, we will ensure that
- All permission and permits have been received, so that work can be performed legally;
- The location of your water main is identified, and the most suitable layout for the connection is determined. This will determine the scope of work;
- The proper location on the water main to connect your gooseneck is selected.
It cannot be stressed enough that proper permits and permissions are required to do any work involving the water main. Unauthorized work can lead to serious legal problems, especially if the work is not performed properly.
What Can You Expect When You Choose Us For Your Installation
Our certified experts will work with you to ensure that your plumbing issue is resolved quickly and professionally. We provide you with
- 20+ years of experience to guide you as to the most efficient solution
- Fair and honest pricing up front
- Support when obtaining the required permits and permission
- Plumbing professionals who are bonded and insured
- State-of-the-art equipment that is right for the job
- A team of experts with trade licenses verified and certifications up-to-date
- A neat living space with minimal disruptions while the project is ongoing
- A clean and restored property upon completion of the project.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services ?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also offers respect for your home and your time as our standard. This means from the time you call us, we are committed to making your entire experience as customer-friendly as possible. We coordinate times that work with your schedule and call when we’re on our way. Our plumbers keep our areas neat and covered while working. In our projects, we use the most appropriate solutions to work quickly and efficiently. Our customers love us, and our work is of the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, and then give us a call. We’ll set up your free, no-obligation quote for connecting to the water main.