If you own your own home, then the time will come when you need to clean out the eaves of the house: It is just part of yearly home maintenance. If you don’t clean those gutters you are in for a whole host of problems: rusty gutters, damage to the roof, terrible smelling dead plant matter accruing in the gutters, and the coloring of the matter staining your home’s exterior and thereby destroying its curbside appeal. You can avoid all this just by biting the bullet, rolling up those sleeves, climbing a ladder, and getting that job done fast. Besides? Who’s afraid of falling off a ladder? Who gets massive vertigo just by the thought of leaving the ground… Afraid of heights? There’s no need to worry when you contact one of our eavestroughs Ottawa maintenance professionals who are more than happy to complete the task of gutter maintenance for you.
It’s important to get ahold of eavestroughs Ottawa cleaning pros as soon as possible and early on in the spring before too much rain fall will only complicate the cleaning process. You need your gutters to be in full working order so they can divert excess rain water or melted snow away from home. By directng water away from your house it reduces the likelihood of basement and foundation damage or potential flooding. However, dead leafs are all it takes to accrue inside of the gutter to clog it and force it not to work.
We all know that winters in Ottawa come with heavy snowfall. Once spring rolls around, the snow starts melting. This means heavy water flow through downspouts, eavestroughs and floor drains. To prevent damage to your home, you should clean these orifices. The best drain cleaning service in Ottawa can be found at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. We also inspect the floor drains for signs of leakage.
For cleaning the downspout, you can:
- Perform preventative actions, like installing a leaf strainer to catch tree debris;
- Install underground tiling at the drain of a downspout. There should not be a backup where the downspout and ground meet. This area must have a proper cement base;
- Call Dr. Pipe to clean the downspout using a sewer snake;
- Verify the splash block for your downspout is large enough. It should also be inclined away from the house foundation;
- Plastic or aluminum downspouts should be used instead of galvanized steel.
Call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services for help clearing your downspout.
Protecting your floor drain from damage is critical. It’s one of the most critical parts of your home’s plumbing.
When assessing your floor drain, you should:
- Make sure that there is no blockage;
- Free easy-to-remove, visible debris with a tool like a plunger;
- Pull out trash if it can be done easily, making sure to use gloves;
- Push standing water down the drain after a bath or washing machine cycle.
- Clear the floor drain using half cup of vinegar followed by ¼ cup of white vinegar. This can be performed about three times per year.
Some Recommendations You Should Know When Cleaning Your House Gutters
- Begin the process where the drain gutter drops down off one side of the home and move on to the place where the water drains. Look for obstructions, cracks, breaks, and rust spots as you move along and clean the gutters bit by bit. After clearing all the gutters, using a garden hose, you can flush out the pipes to ensure they allow excess water to flow freely through the gutters you have installed. When clear, move to the next section of gutter and do the same.
- If you are using a ladder to clean out the gutters always have someone with you who is spotting the ladder. Just because cleaning the gutters is easy, it does not mean you should take risks. Do not overstretch or overreach to clean the gutters … just do small sections at a time until you have cleared all the troughs around the home. It is easier to take the extra steps going up and down the ladder you are using rather than falling from a height and breaking a few bones in the process! Use common sense as you move along and clear out the gutters around the home.
- Scoop out the gunk, scrape up what is difficult to remove, and then spray the pathway clean. Keep a close out for small sticks or other debris that might slip into the enclosed portions of gutter and get stuck inside: It’s a clog just waiting to happen! An investment in toppers for the gutters or the use of screens specifically designed for eaves troughs can minimize the amount of work you have to do to the next cleaning session.
If you cannot, for whatever reason, clean the gutters on your own, you contact the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services to do the job for you. A few extra dollars hiring a pro is money more than well spent.
The recommended way to protect your home’s plumbing system is to call a professional plumber. Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services is proud to provide drain cleaning for Ottawa. We will use tried-and-true expertise coupled with the latest technology to resolve your clogged drains. We discuss all solutions with you prior to implementation. You can trust our results will last for the long-term.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also offers respect for your home and your time as our standard. This means from the time you call us, we are committed to making your entire experience as customer friendly as possible. We coordinate times that work with your schedule and call when we’re on our way. Our plumbers keep our areas neat and covered while working. In our projects, we use the most appropriate solutions to work quickly and efficiently.
Our strengths do not only lie in plumbing. We can also help to navigate the insurance companies and city red tape. You will receive all the necessary permits for our jobs. We will guide you through the City of Ottawa rebates for which you qualify.
Our customers love us, and our work is the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, then give us a call to set up your free, no-obligation inspection.
Call us today for a free inspection and quote to clear your eavestroughs, downspout and floor drain.