We all know that winters in Ottawa come with heavy snowfall. Once spring rolls around, the snow starts melting. This means heavy water flow through downspouts, eavestroughs and floor drains. To prevent damage to your home, you should clean these orifices. The best drain cleaning service in Ottawa can be found at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. We also inspect the floor drains for signs of leakage.
For cleaning the downspout, you can:
- Perform preventative actions, like installing a leaf strainer to catch tree debris;
- Install underground tiling at the drain of a downspout. There should not be a backup where the downspout and ground meet. This area must have a proper cement base;
- Call Dr. Pipe to clean the downspout using a sewer snake;
- Verify the splash block for your downspout is large enough. It should also be inclined away from the house foundation;
- Plastic or aluminum downspouts should be used instead of galvanized steel.
Call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services for help clearing your downspout.
Protecting your floor drain from damage is critical. It’s one of the most critical parts of your home’s plumbing.
When assessing your floor drain, you should:
- Make sure that there is no blockage;
- Free easy-to-remove, visible debris with a tool like a plunger;
- Pull out trash if it can be done easily, making sure to use gloves;
- Push standing water down the drain after a bath or washing machine cycle.
- Clear the floor drain using half cup of vinegar followed by ¼ cup of white vinegar. This can be performed about three times per year.
The recommended way to protect your home’s plumbing system is to call a professional plumber. Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services is proud to provide drain cleaning for Ottawa. We will use tried-and-true expertise coupled with the latest technology to resolve your clogged drains. We discuss all solutions with you prior to implementation. You can trust our results will last for the long-term.
Call us today for a free inspection and quote to clear your eavestroughs, downspout and floor drain.