Clogs in your sewage systems seem to sneak up on your home from out of nowhere. One minute, everything is fine. The next minute, the sink is draining too slow or backing up, or you have a mystery puddle on the floor. Fortunately, when it comes to drain backups in Ottawa, you can always call us at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services for help.
Symptoms of Plumbing Clogs in Household Plumbing Fixtures
- Sinks: Water may back up in your sink drain. You may also observe water pooling on the floor, or bubbling in the sink. The presence of a foul odor is another sign of a clog.
- Bath Tubs & Showers: When using the shower, you would notice water pooling around your feet that takes a long time to drain. You may also smell a bad odor coming from the drains. Another telltale sign is water flooding onto the bathroom floor.
- Toilets: We all know we have a problem when the toilet backs up and overflows. You may also have a problem if the toilet doesn’t empty completely, or partially drains, or leaks. Hearing a hissing or trickling sound is a strong indicator that something is clogging the plumbing.
What Causes Clogged Drains?
Clogs generally don’t occur immediately, which is why we usually don’t notice them until the symptoms are obvious. Our normal, everyday activities can send grease, hair, dirt, food waste, and other things into our plumbing system over time. What we wash down the drain accumulates in the pipes and restricts water flow.
Toilets are especially vulnerable. We tend to think that toilets are robust enough to handle anything. They are the favorite dumping ground of toddlers for various household items, like keys. We tend to flush several items down the toilet that should be disposed in other ways. Personal care tissues and baby wipes (even the ones advertised as flushable) tend to be the most common culprits. These clogs are difficult to resolve with a plunger. If you’re suffering with a clog, especially if you use such items, it’s best to call a licensed plumber like Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. We’ll perform a no-obligation inspection to identify the problem and come up with the best solution to correct it.
Clogged Drain Solution
What you should do when you have a drain backup in Ottawa is call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. Our team of expert plumbers will schedule a mutually convenient time to perform an inspection and assess the problem. Then we’ll review the results of our findings, what our recommended solutions are, and what the next steps should be. You’ll receive a quote that is fair and honest. We won’t try to up-sell you with unnecessary add-ons, because our team is not paid by commission. We work quickly and efficiently to restore your home and minimize disruptions to your life.
What Can You Expect Choosing Us for the Repairs?
When you call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services, we will give you our best service. Qualified and licensed professionals will professionally perform your sewer drain replacement quickly. We also give our customers
- A fair and honest quote up front
- A thorough video assessment of your drain system
- Products and installations that are efficiently designed to reduce maintenance and other risks
- A team of bonded and insured professional tradesmen, with all of our licenses and certifications up to date
- Clean and restored workspaces so that you and your family can resume living in your home.
Clog Repair Service Cost from Dr.Pipe Drain and Plumbing
- Cost for Unclogging Hand Sinks in Residential Locations –195$
- Cost for Unclogging Main Drains Through Accessible Cleanouts – 295$
- Cost for Unclogging Main Drains Through Toilet Flange with Toilet Reinstallation (residential)–445$
- Cost for Using Snakes to Unclog Kitchen Sinks–295$ (snake up 35”) / 395$ (snake up to 90”) / Power Wash starting at 1500$
- Cost for Unclogging Shower Drains with Snakes (Residential) –195$
- Cost for Using a Snake to Unclog a Tub –195$
Check also the price for Clog Repair Service Cost in Condos.
Some tips how to avoid clogged sink and toilet.
These are just some ways that you can avoid clogged pipes of your sink and toilet.
Do Not: Do Your Own Repairs
Doing your own repairs can save you some money, but it could also cause many problems down the road. If you are working with something that you do not understand, chances are that you will make the issue much worse rather than making it better. You can try clearing basic clogs yourself, but anything more complicated is going to require the professional service of a plumber. A skilled plumber can diagnose and fix your problem much faster than you are able to do yourself.
Do Not: Dump Non-Organic Materials Down The Drain
If you use your sink as a waste receptacle, chances are that you are going to run into trouble. If you pour paint down the sink for example, it could lead to a serious clog that you cannot get rid of yourself. If you are pouring chemicals, motor oil, paint thinner, and spackle down the pipes, it will pollute the local water supply and might destroy your pipes.
Do Not: Overfeed The Garbage Disposal
Some people make the mistake of assuming that their garbage disposal is a replacement for their garbage can. Some things are just not ‘garbage disposal friendly’. Some fibrous items such as cornhusks and cobs, celery, and artichokes are just not meant to be. You should never pour fats, oil, or grease down the drain. If you are going to run the garbage disposal, make sure that you allow for plenty of water and soap as well.
Do Not: Flush Things That You Should Not
You should not flush certain things down the toilet, even if they are flushable according to the label. Band-Aids, dental floss, cigarette butts, cotton swabs, cotton balls, condoms, and moist towelettes, these all find their way into the toilet when they really do not belong there. If you want to make sure that you avoid putting additional strain on your plumbing, do not flush these down the drain.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also offers respect for your home and your time as our standard. This means from the time you call us, we are committed to making your entire experience as customer efficient as possible. We coordinate times that work with your schedule, and call when we’re on our way. Our plumbers keep our areas neat and covered while working. In our projects, we use the most appropriate solutions to work quickly and professionally.
Our strengths do not only lie in plumbing. We can also help navigating the insurance companies and bureaucratic red tape. You will receive all the necessary permits for our jobs. We will guide you through the City of Ottawa rebates for which you qualify.
Our customers love us, and our work is the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, and then give us a call. We’ll set up your free, no-obligation inspection for drain backup and sewer backup in Ottawa.