On this page
Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
The kitchen is one of the most commonly renovated rooms in homes and most people get their counter and sinks replaced as part of these remodeling projects. When it comes to deciding which sink to choose for your kitchen, you will find there are a number of choices including the sizes, shapes and material and the configuration too.
Most companies that manufacture sinks have a range of varying sizes, with a single as well as double bowl sinks being the most common variants.
- This sink can easily handle very large items such as pots and pans and you will find that it’s more comfortable to scrub these utensils in a single sink.
- Single sinks are available in a very wide range of sizes compared to double sinks and you would be able to easily find something that fits your kitchen.
- The faucet placement is considerably easier as well.
- These sinks are less expensive too and cheaper to install
- Maintenance is easier
- They don’t have the versatility that double sinks have
- Might use excessive water and detergent
- Might require far more counter space
- They are very versatile and you can use them for prepping and drying
- Might use less water and detergent
- Can also free up some counter space
- It’s not very easy to wash large pots and pans in them
- Some of the materials may require additional maintenance
- These sinks come with limited a faucet installation options
- May face a water pressure problems in the faucets
- More expensive to buy and install
- Don’t fit in easily in compact kitchens
Contact an expert plumber
As you can see, there are a number of pros and cons to each of these sink types and I you are unsure about which one will suit your requirement, you should simply consult a licensed plumber like the ones at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services.
We can provide you all the information you need about the different types of sinks and will help you decide which option suits your requirement best. For any more information, feel free to call us on 613 791 5777 or contact us through this form today!