Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
Drain pipes are generally made with high-grade materials and last for a number of years. But these lines do face a certain amount of wear and tear and different types of problems can surface over time.
Common causes of drain blocks in Ottawa
- Tree roots in drains– The roots of trees growing in your garden or yard can grow through cracks in underground drain pipes, in search of water. Over time, these roots grow and form a net of sorts in which the debris, food remnants, soap, grease and other small objects become entangled and cause a block.
- Tiny objects clogging pipes– Things like toilet paper, combs & small toys, flushable baby wipes, feminine sanitary products and other objects can become lodged inside your drain pipes and result in a block.
- Pipe collapse– Sometimes drains pipe might collapse or even get misaligned due to the natural ground movements and lead to a block.
- Poorly-installed drains– There might be insufficient flat spots in the underground drains which can cause a build-up of debris which eventually turns into a severe block. Too many bends and junctions in the pipes can also result in similar issues.
Signs of blocked drain
Some of the common signs of a blocked drain are:
- Gurgling sounds, after you have flushed a toilet
- Water level in toilets, bath or sinks drains very slowly
- The water level in the toilets is either higher or lower than usual
- Foul smells emanating from drains
If you have noticed any of these signs on your property, it’s crucial to call in a skilled plumber to fix the problem. They will use the drain scoping technique in which a small CCTV drain camera is inserted into the drain to identify what is causing the blockage and where its location is. Once they have identified this, they will use an electric auger or a high-pressure water jetting machine to clear the clog.
If there is any major damage to the pipe, they may recommend pipe relining Ottawa. In this process, an epoxy lining is inserted into the damaged drain and expanded till it fits snugly inside the pipe. This drain repair method is non-intrusive and cost-effective as only two small trenches have to be dug on either side of the drain to fix the problem.
For more information call the experts at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services on 613 791 5777 or contact us through this form today!