How Do You Know If You Need Your Sewer Drain Repaired or Replaced?
If you think there’s something wrong with your sewer drain, but you aren’t quite sure, please don’t DIY the solution. The best thing you can do is call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. We will perform a free, no-obligation drain inspection and come up with a solution for your drain repair.
Some of the symptoms you should definitely call us about include:
- Pipes that are broken, or have visible cracks, are offset, or completely collapsed
- Blockages, which may be due to grease or foreign objects, that can disrupt water flow
- Corrosion from deterioration of older pipes breaking down with are
- “Bellied” pipes: a badly installed pipe may sink too low to work properly
- Leaks at the joints of pipes due to the seals between parts degrading
- Roots from trees and shrubs causing damage to the pipelines
- Old pipes deteriorating and becoming a serious problem.
If any of these problems apply to you, we can assess the problem and offer the best solutions to repair your drains.
What Are the Drain Replacement Methods?
In Ottawa, you have a few options for drain replacement methods. Our no-obligation inspection will give us insight into which option may be best suited to your drain repair. Your choices for drain service include:
- Traditional repair: A trench is dug to gain access to the underground pipes. We may use heavy construction equipment to excavate your lawn, and refill the area to complete the repair. The traditional repair has the advantage of exposing the problem to our experts (and everyone else) to see.
- Trenchless repair: A method of pipe repair that leaves your lawn relatively undisturbed. A video inspection is performed, and holes are dug at the beginning and end of the damaged section of pipe. No trench is required.
- Pipe bursting: New pipe is passed through old, damaged pipe. The old pipe bursts as the new drainage system is set. This is best for PVC, clay, concrete, iron, terracotta and other pipe systems.
- Pipe relining: While this method involves some digging, it is less than the traditional method. It creates a “pipe within a pipe”. Pipe relining is best used to seal cracks, and repair holes, and damage caused by roots and rust.
Trenchless Drain Repair vs Traditional
Ottawans can claim a few advantages using trenchless drain repair over traditional repairs, like:
#1. Trenchless drain repair will save your time
Trenchless drain repair can be completed in one day. The most
#2. Threnchless drain repair will save your money
A trenchless repair is performed using seamless pipes, which don’t have joints like traditional pipes. Seamless pipes are made from HDPE, which is an extremely robust material that will last for decades and you will save some amount of money.
#3. Trenchless drain repair will help system to work better
Since seamless pipes use HDPE, they are less likely to need repairs than traditional pipes. Recall that trenchless repairs don’t have joints. This may result in better flow than you initially had from traditional sewer pipes.
Sewer Replacement Cost
Our best estimate of sewer replacement costs comes from our no-obligation inspection. Call us today to schedule one. Every case is different, but the sooner you call, the faster we can address the situation.
Implementing a trenchless drain repair is less expensive than a traditional repair. Through its robust material HDPE, a trenchless repair will normally have lower maintenance costs throughout its life.
What Can You Expect Choosing Us for the Repairs?
When you call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing
- A fair and honest quote
- A thorough video assessment of your drain system
- Products and installations that are efficiently designed to reduce maintenance and other risk.
- A team of bonded and insured professional tradesmen, with all of our licenses and certifications up to date.
- Clean and restored workspaces so that you and your family can resume living in your home.
Why Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services?
Many companies offer licensed plumbers, but Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services also offers respect for your home and your time as our standard. This means from the time you call us, we are committed to making your entire experience as customer-friendly as possible. We coordinate times that work with your schedule and call when we’re on our way. Our plumbers keep our areas neat and covered while working. In our projects, we use the most appropriate solutions to work quickly and efficiently.
Our strengths do not only lie in plumbing. We can also help navigate the insurance companies and city red tape. You will receive all the necessary permits for our jobs. We will guide you through the City of Ottawa rebates for which you qualify.
Our customers love us, and our work is of the best quality. Stop by our testimonials page, then give us a call for a free, no-obligation quote for drain repair in Ottawa.