Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
When a homeowner thinks about the notion of damp proofing or waterproofing a basement it often stirs up to thoughts, either the home is undergoing renovations or it is undergoing repairs. Either way, both options are sometimes thought of as extremely stressful because it means extra work on a home that is already built. New homeowners who have a house under construction might do well to consider waterproofing and damp proofing before the build is complete or during the building process – this way, once the house is done, there are no further worries about protecting the investment from mold and mildew formation in the basement.
By electing to waterproof the home before the build is complete, the homeowner is taking aggressive action against potential moisture and water damage. Doing this can end up saving the homeowners a significant amount of money in the future as they are actively working against issues that might otherwise instigate a need for costly repairs. What’s more, the homeowners can rest assured in knowing that they are doing everything they can to protect their initial investment and everything it contains, as well as the people who reside in the home.
Damp Proof/Waterproof – Reasons for Doing So
Waterproofing is critical for home protection, especially in areas where it is more common for homes to experience periodic flooding and moisture. Without protection in place the damage to the infrastructure of the building can be incredibly destructive, whereas it can result in thousands of dollars in terms of necessary home repairs. The myriad reasons for protecting the home through damp proofing and waterproofing efforts include:
- Preventing water damage and mold formation.
- Preventing illnesses brought on by exposure to mold, mildew, bacteria, and other toxins.
- Waterproofing the basement protects the home value.
- Waterproofing the basement increases the home value.
- Waterproofing is an exceptional means for enhancing the energy efficiency of a location, thereby leading to additional savings.
- Waterproofing helps in preventing the formation of black mold that takes a mere 24 to 48 hours to start growing and spreading through the location.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of waterproofing your basement, we highly recommend that you call the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services Ottawa. Not only are they going to take the time to walk you through the steps, but they will also provide you a fair and accurate estimate.