Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
Maintaining your pool will demand a bit of work for you, but it is all worth it in the end when you have a cool, clean swimming pool that you and your family can enjoy. You will not have to pay for someone else to maintain the pool for you if you do not want pool services Ottawa, and if you do each step of the cleaning process during a set schedule or regularly, you will not have to work so hard at keeping your pool looking fantastic all year through.
Even better, a clean pool ensures your family’s safety and keeps them in good health by keeping the chemicals balanced in the water. Make sure you cover your entire basis and do all of the following to keep your pool looking great:
- Once a week, take time to clean to floor with the pool vac.
- Also on a weekly basis, use the brush or scrub the tiles and walls in the pool so there is no algae accumulation which is then far more difficult to remove.
- The pool water needs to be shocked regularly with a super chlorination product.
- Every other day skim the pool’s surface to get leaves and debris off the water – if it sinks it is even more troublesome to clean.
- The pH of a pool needs to be no less than 7.2 and no greater than 7.8 – you will have to add the right chemicals in order to keep the pH level where it needs to be all the time.
- If you have a pool heater, you have to have a professional care for, maintain, and repair the unit.
- The pool requires a regular cleaning of the filter.
- Stick to the instructions provided by the pool filter’s manufacturer when you are cleaning the filter – you want to keep it clean, but over cleaning is just as damaging.
- Top off the pool often as whenever you use it the water will go lower from splashing and evaporation. If you think, the water is unusually low, exam the pool closely for potential leaks. Get any leaks repaired immediately.
- One time each week, clear the strainer baskets of any dirt and debris.
In the winter months, that is when it is time for the most intense cleaning as you can drain the body of water out of the pool, but it is far better to have some water in the pool when it is not swimming season. When living in a region where outdoor temperatures can drop below freezing, it is necessary for the heater and pump to be disconnected and stored in the garage or some other warm storage area. You will also need to get all of the water out of the heater, pump, and chemical feeders and all of the latter needs to be disconnected for the winter.
If that sounds like far too much work and you would prefer professional pool services Ottawa, make sure that you call the licensed plumbers from Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services. They will be able to service your pool quickly and efficiently.