After it rains, is your front yard marshy? What you need is a catch basin. We also refer to it as the storm drain. It is part of the drainage system that helps in removing excess water from the surface while trapping rubbish and debris.
Its primary role is to prevent flooding by redirecting water to a reservoir while holding up debris. In this way, it also helps keep pipes from clogging, hence the need to clean the basin regularly; more on this later. Its setup has a grate on the upper part and a pipe sloping from the storm drain.
We set up catch basins on the lower part of a property. However, if we deal with an extensive property with uneven terrain, we set up multiple inlets to ensure the proper drainage. Our company conducts both residential storm drain cleaning and commercial catch basin cleaning and maintenance.
Preventive Measures for Your Catch Basin and Its Benefits
One can undertake the best preventive measure by contacting our catch basin cleaning company to conduct regular inspections and cleaning. If you are wondering the frequency at which you should clean your storm drain, here is a quick one;
- If your region experiences a heavy downpour, then you need to clean it more frequently.
- Suppose the catch basin is in a busy car wash, then you need to clean it more often.
We recommend that you have your storm drain cleaned at least annually. However, if you operate a busy business that depends on constant draining, you may have to wash your catch basin more than once per year. If you wait until there’s accumulated debris and backflow of water, there could be some pollution risk.
Let us look into some benefits of preventive maintenance.
- Regular cleaning is more cost-effective than waiting until there is a problem before undertaking the process. If the storm drain is in a business setup, you might risk some inconveniences like closing up for a while, which could spell some losses. You might incur additional costs in fixing present damages.
- You would want to see runoff water draining properly to prevent stagnant water in your property in extreme weather conditions. A clean and well-maintained storm drain will serve you well.
- One reason why a business succeeds is when customers get their satisfaction. By regularly cleaning your storm drain, your clients remain happy, and your business thrives. If the environment is uncomely and flooded, you might lose out on business.
Catch Basin Maintenance Solutions in Ottawa From DrPipe
At some point, your catch basin will back up, be slow to drain, or become clogged. When this happens, our trained experts can present you with several solutions. Let’s take a look;
Catch Basin Cleaning
When conducting a storm drain cleaning, we ensure that we remove all the debris that may threaten to block pipes or flow into your sewer system and produce a foul smell. We use catch basin cleaning tools like the shovel and spoon, among others.
Vacuum Truck Services
With a sewer cleaner vacuum truck, we can extract all dirt using a vacuuming system. We dispose of all the water and solids in a sludge tank.
Mechanical Catch Basin Cleaners
The mechanical catch basin cleaner is cost-effective. With a combination sewer cleaning truck, we push the jet nozzle into the dirty pipe. We then release high-pressure water, which dislodges all trash and debris, clearing your drainage. With this truck, we can do both mechanical and vacuum cleaning hence wholesome service.
Catch Basin Pumping
When we pump your catch basin, we loosen the debris hence allowing water to drain through. As such, we can easily remove the trash.
Catch Basin Inspection
We can visit your property regularly to inspect the condition of your catch basin and whether or not it is draining well. We can then give you our recommendations and findings. If we find catch basin problems like blocked pipes, our experts can fix them right away.