Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
A lot of factors contribute to the numerous differences in old properties. Some of these factors include:
- The kind of property
- Soil type
- Type of trees on the property.
- How the plumbing system of the property connects to the city sewer.
Finally, the kind of pipes which form the plumbing system is also important.
All these factors determine the probability of your drains clogging. Many are unaware that plumbers benefit from your plumbing misfortunes. Yes, they can help you remedy the situation, but frankly, they will do nothing about the cause of the problem. Consider this: Why prevent a recurring problem, when it is more profitable to solve the problem. It’s certainly not good for business. A clogged drain is a typical example of such a problem. However, it is more beneficial to prevent the occurrence of a blocked drain.
Solving a Blocked Sink Problem
Below are the steps to get your blocked sink flowing again:
- Use a plumbing snake to remove the debris and rubbish responsible for the clogged sink.
- You can push the debris down the pipe by using a plunger.
- It’s normal to find a sink trap below a sink, and this collects a lot of rubbish capable of clogging the sink. Have this trap cleaned and you will be amazed at the result.
- Sometimes, biological agents can be used to get a clogged sink flow. Just empty the biological agents into the sink and wait a while. Should you have no plans of using the sink immediately, flood the sink with scalding water.
You will be intrigued to know there are different forms of blockage which alter the efficiency of your plumbing system. An obstruction which changes the performance of a single sink is referred to as a drain clog. This is often caused by the accumulation of bits of soap, human hair and other minute substances in the sink channel. Contrary to popular opinion, It is usually a gradual process. Initially, the sink flows poorly and eventually clogs completely.
The other form of blockage often referred to as the main line clogging can be more severe. It often occurs abruptly without any signs. It is not unusual for just a single drain in your home to stop working; this is typical of the sink clog type of obstruction. However, take caution against assuming it is unconnected with the sewer line since several drains are affected. The fact remains this problem goes beyond a single sink rather it is usually found in from the main sewer line of your property.
If you have any other issues that you needed addressed for your home, it is highly recommended that you call the professionals at Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing.