Give us a call today: 613-791-5777 for a free upfront estimate!
One of the best ways to prevent clogged/slow drains is to be very careful about what you regularly put into them. Things like starchy foods, coffee grounds, cooking grease, scum, soap, and hair are just some of the things that can result in a major drain block. Make every effort you can to avoid any of these items from getting into your drains; take a look at how:
- Save all your cooking grease in any cardboard milk container and dispose of it in the trash. Never pour this down the drain.
- Throw the coffee grounds away into the trashcan, or simply add them to the flower beds or even the mulch pile.
- Use a drain or screen-grate to cover the mouth of your drain; this will help minimize problems with soap and hair clogging the drain. Look for a compatible grate and ensure there are no gaps around the edges as the hair can easily slip into the drains from there. Once you get a filter or screen of the right size and shape, it can simply be laid in place.
Some tips for clog prevention
There are some distinct advantages to cleaning your drains with regularity. To keep the drains in your home running freely, there are some things you can do such as:
- Run some hot water through your sink after every use. The hot water keeps all the oils in your food products running smoothly down the drain, instead of building upon the inner surface of the pipes, which tends to make drains sluggish and will eventually lead to clogs.
- Pour a cupful of baking soda into your drain and then follow it up with hot water. This proves to be a fantastic cleaning agent, and it’s excellent for absorbing the foul odors too.
- Pour a cupful of vinegar down the drains & allow it to sit there for half an hour. Pour some hot water into it. The acetic acid in the vinegar acts as an organic solvent and is very effective in removing the organic crud buildup in pipes.
If you are dealing with a very severe drain block, feel free to call Dr. Pipe Drain and Plumbing Services on 613 791 5777 or contact us through this form today! We provide custom drain cleaning services. These preventive services go a long way in ensuring your drains are clean and that there is no clog buildup in them. If there is any damage to your drains we also provide excellent trenchless sewer line repair solutions.